1. Create your list in Excel. If possible include a header row for easy identification while sorting.
2. Highlight the information you need to sort.
3. Click on the Sort & Filter button found on the Home Ribbon.
4. Select Custom Sorting
5. The Sort pop-up box will appear. Select the column you need to sort information by: Last Name, Address, etc… If your column headers do not appear as options for sorting in the Sort by option, click on the box next to the My data has headers.
6. If you need to sort by more than one criterion, click on Add a Level and repeat above instructions.
7. Click on OK.
Additional sorting options include: Sort On which includes Cell color, Font color and Icon; Order which includes: A To Z; Z to A; and Custom List.